Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fresh Crockpot Mexican Chicken Tacos

I recently found this recipe and gave it a try. My husband really enjoyed it, and although the recipe is a great base, I would suggests adding hot salsa to the mix to increase the flavor. Because of the chicken broth, it diluted the "heat" of the salsa and I found it a little bland. I did use it the next day by mixing it with mayo and made a "tuna-ish" mixture. It was delicious! Check out the comments on the site I found the recipe from for some other modifications.  

Fresh Crockpot Mexican Chicken Tacos
1.5-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup salsa of choice

1 can diced green chills
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili powder (more if you like some heat)
1/4 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
sea salt and pepper to taste

Butter Lettuce
Optional Toppings:
hot sauce
advocate
fresh cilantro - chopped
lime juice

Place chicken in crockpot. Mix ingredients in a separate bowl, pour over chicken. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken 30 min before serving and allow juices to soak into the meat. Wash butter lettuce and prepare toppings. Make little tacos using the lettuce as your wrap. Enjoy!






 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Crockpot mexican chicken is a staple at our house! It's so versatile & I love eating it as leftovers. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete